Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views : Ad Clicks : Ad Views :
Oh Snap!

Please turnoff your ad blocking mode for viewing your site content

Whistle Blowers Nigeria

Best Source of Breaking News in Nigeria


Amosun presents N402.6bn budget for 2019

Senator Ibikunle Amosun

THE Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, on Wednesday, presented N402. 63 billion budget for the 2019 fiscal year.

This is the last Amosun will be presenting as the governor of the state on the completion of his two-term eight years administration on May 29,2019.

The budget tagged “Budget of Enduring Legacy” was increased by 17 per cent compared with the 2018 Appropriation Bill with budget size of N345.4bn, saying the budget was a reflection of his administration resolved to deliver on its electoral promises to the optimal level.

ALSO READ: Ekiti bank robbery: Number of death rises to 3 as police close on bandits

He explained that a total of N254.00bn would be expended on capital expenditure which represented 63.1 per cent with the remaining N148.578bn representing 36.9 per cent for recurrent expenditure.

Amosun said the budget would cover all the five cardinal programmes of his administration with Affords and Qualitative Education taking the lion’s share with N88. 579billion which represents 22 per cent of the total budget.

Efficient Healthcare Delivery would gulp N22. 547bn; Agricultural Production with N20.131bn; Affordable Housing and Urban Renewal N53. 147bn; Rural and Infrastructural Development and Employment Generation N82.539bn with other sectors budgeted to gulp N135. 687bn.

Amosun said government had the plan to finance the budget with N161. 24bn from Internally Generated Revenue and expected N42billion from the federal purse, a sum of N101. 388bn from capital receipts and N80billion from other receipts.

He assured that all on going projects across the state would be completed within the remaining months of his administration.

In his remarks, the Speaker of the Assembly, Hon. Suraju Ishola, urged the state government to approve the payment of outstanding wardrobe allowance.

The Assembly also called for the implementation of the autonomy Act for the Legislative and Judiciary Arms of Government to further strengthen our democracy.

Dignitaries at the ceremony were doyen of Accounting, Pa. Akintola Williams; former chairman and current chairmen of the African Newspapers of Nigeria Plc, Revd Omotola Oyediran and Ambassador Olatokunbo Awolowo Dosumu, Minister of Communications, Barrister Adebayo Shittu, traditional rulers from the four zones of the state, former military administrators of the state, captains of industry among others.

The post Amosun presents N402.6bn budget for 2019 appeared first on Tribune.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Linkedin
  • Pinterest

Leave a Comment

This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar